After School Program
After School Program 2020-2021
This year the After School Program has been modified to help working families who may need child care during BOUSD's Distance Learning Schedule. We will be offering a full day program for Kinder-10th grades at the Brea Community Center starting August 17*.
*Please note that this full day schedule and associated fees will only remain in place while BOUSD is providing a 100% Distance Learning Program. Once BOUSD transitions to a Hybrid schedule, ASP and Teen Zone will also transition to match the Hybrid schedule. You will be notified once the new schedule and program fee options are available.
Registration Begins Monday, August 3, 2020
The 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. time slot is for our 19-20 ASP/Teen Zone registered families who lost childcare due to the early closure of the program. The 11 a.m. and after time slots is when all other families may begin to send in their registration forms.
Please note: Credits on account will be used as the first form of payment. You will still need to provide a credit card number for automatic charges of future payments.
Registration will ONLY take place over e-mail. Please see our parent packet for more information on registering. All paperwork must be completed and a payment method MUST be included in order for your registration to be compete. Any blank spaces may result in a delay in your registration. You will receive a confirmation of registration status within 24 hours of receiving your packet. If you do not receive a status update, please call us at 714-990-7179.
Once the program fills, we will be taking a waitlist and working to open more spots if possible.
View our Parent Packet for more information.
Please note that:
- This program is only open to families who live in or attend Brea Schools.
- Full and Part-time options are available.
- Spaces will be limited.
- Participants will be placed into small groups based on grade and will not mix with other groups for better health and safety, activity planning, and educational assistance.
- Wi-fi will be available for all participants to complete their online programming and schoolwork.
- Strong health and safety protocols will be in place.
- Fun afternoons filled with indoor and outdoor activities.
- Staff members will NOT be providing tutoring or teaching, they will only be able to supervise and offer assistance where possible.
- We do NOT work with the BOUSD school district. We do not have access to teachers or school schedules. Parents must supply us with any and all relevant school information in order for us to be able to keep participants on track with their work.
- When signing up for ASP you are committing to the After School Program terms and fees until the Program moves to a Hybrid Learning option.
- ASP and Teen Zone Child Care is ONLY available on BOUSD school days. Child care will NOT be provided on holidays and staff development days.
Our daily schedule will look like:
7:30 a.m. - 8 a.m. - Participant check-in and health screening.
8 a.m. - 11 a.m. - Educational support. Participants will have their own work area to complete school work and utilize required school platforms (such as Zoom, Google Classroom etc). A staff member will be assigned to each group to supervise, keep participants on schedule and assist with school work when possible. Additional staff will assist with activities, cleaning and health protocols.
11 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Lunch and recreation time. Groups will be able to go on our playground, do physical activities in our gymnasium and have lunch during this time.
1 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Educational support. Participants will finish school work and online activities/sessions at this time.
3 p.m. - 6 p.m. - Recreational/Free Play time. Participants will be able to do arts and crafts, gym activities, and free play on the playground. We will also have specialized activities such as music groups and cooking clubs. All of these fun activities will keep students in their same small groups they have been with all day.
Grouping: We will not know what the exact groupings of our program will look like until after registration and we have a total per grade. Our plan is to keep similar grades together. An example of possible groupings:
*We may be mixing 6th grade and up based on our registration numbers. We will update families once registration is complete.
Please read the Parent Packet for more details and information.
*Schedules may be modified as needed to match any changes from BOUSD and to meet the needs of the program.